Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Aquatic Uncle

The Aquatic Uncle was very interesting. I've never read a story that has played with evolution the way that this one did. I found it super interesting that they thought to mingle the evolutions of these fish-like creatures and even make them a part of the same family. The story also made the fish family relatable. There are all kinds of stories about someone who is ashamed to have their significant other meet their family, sometimes a grandparent, too.

I'm going to be honest, I saw the ending coming from a mile away. As soon as Lll met Uncle N'ba N'ga and she couldn't wait to go back and talk to him again, I knew, somehow, that she was going to fall in love with him. At the end when Lll just said "good-by," I felt so bad for the narrator because that must've been a horrible feeling to have the love of his life leave him for his great-uncle who was a fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment